- Me: Netflix, why don't you have season 4 of Torchwood on instant?
- Netflix: Because.
- Me: Oh. Do you have the DVD?
- Netflix: Yes, tons.
- Me: I'll take one! Make it a priority!! I don't know how they can get out of this one, it was like a series finale rather than a season finale...
- Netflix: First send something back.
- Me: Here, I'm done with this Star Wars DVD.
- Netflix: ooooh, looks like we sent all of our DVDs while your star wars disk was in the mail. HERE, HAVE A POKEMON DVD. It was added to your Queue months ago by your little brother.
- Jacob: So whats Tumblr?
- George: It's where socially inept people congregate.
- George: Also, gifs.
When I first saw this I was like “It… Its a 3-in-1 HP” but then I realized you are referring to my police box photo.
It is an EnvisionTec Aureus machine. It doesn’t have a large growing area, I believe the photo actually shows the entire X and Y space utilized, but it can grow an item up to 110mm tall.
- Genevieve is a goddess.
- It’s hard to see, but the Drummer keeps that smile the entire concert.
- We are all our own devil.
So here I am preparing DeLorean gifs for the whole TARDIS v DeLorean comparison when my brother comes home and tells me my car, that he borrowed without formally asking, started doing a thing.
A “Maybe we should retire this 209.9K mile ‘97 Pontiac” thing.
But I can’t afford a DeLorean yet. DON’T GIVE UP PONTY!! I need you to last me a few more dozen years! I was replacing your window motors! I NEED 5000CC OF VODKA MOTOR OIL STAT.
- I don't remember what the original conversation was but for some reason it would have been hilarious for me to say
- Me: Yeah, Obama does it to Joe Biden all of the time.
- Lauren (Secretary at work): Who's Joe Biden?
- Me: Joe--You don't know who JOE. BIDEN. is?!
- Lauren: Noooo?
- Me: Aren't you 24? You're an adult. Elementary School children and Sarah Palin know who Joe Biden is.
- Lauren: OH! Isn't he that terrorist they killed for 9/11?
- Me: You think that someone named JOE Biden was the most wanted terrorist they hunted down and killed??
- Lauren: Wasn't he?!
- Me: Ok, normally I would just lie to you for the fun of it but just so you don't hear on the news 'Obama had lunch with Biden' and assume conspiracy I'll tell you: Joe Biden is the Vice President.
- Lauren: ...??
- Lauren: Vice President of what?
I have decided to have a short comparison contest between the Back to the Future DeLorean and Doctor Who’s TARDIS. Which of these two time traveling machines is better? They’re both very similar; both have remote controls, both are stolen, both owned by some insane/senile doctor, and both are absolutely amazing.
The plan is to make it several posts long, no more than 10,000 but more than 2 where aspects are compared and it will be determined which machine bests the other. I expect this to develop over several weeks or years. (or maybe just weeks)
What this isn’t: Doctor Who vs Back to the Future. I don’t care if Doctor Who has better enemies like Weeping Angels and Back to the Future has… 50’s high school bullies—this isn’t about that. This is Shiny Car verses Blue Box.
This post shall be the base post, most likely to be rewritten and will have links to all other future posts. If you see this as a reblog and it is significantly later than May 21, 2012 I suggest you track the original post and check for updates.
Heres what you can submit:
- Comparison Topics (hereby known as “Battles”)
- Arguments for upcoming “Battles”
- Critique about past battle results, say if you feel I ignored a huge factor
- General blind praise
- Please include episode/movie that supports your argument
- Ease of Use
- Flying Abilities
- Special Effects
- Environmental Assimilation
- Sex Appeal
- Refueling limitations and cost
- Ability to have a relationship with the vehicle
- “Green” rating
- No. of Cup Holders (I need ideas people!)